Tool Design – Fabrication & Assembly
Design tooling requirements for the fabrication and assembly of a garbage disposal truck. e.g., Welding Fixtures, Paint Buggies, and Gauges.
- Modification of existing fixtures to accommodate more variants of components for cost savings.
- Large components with complex geometries make operator reachability a critical factor.
- Modular fixtures designed to handle multiple variants in same fixture.
- Pneumatic or hydraulic cylinders are used for the actuation of Fixture Structures, Clamps, and Locators.
- A turn-over mechanism is employed for using both sides of the fixture base to save floor space and create an efficient design.
- Movable gantry mechanisms are employed when multiple small components are to be welded to large-size components.
- Collapsible fixtures are designed for operator access to large components.
- Poke-Yoke is incorporated in the fixture design.
ARi’s Value Proposition
- Modular fixture design reduced the overall cost of the tooling.
- Proposed fixture manufacturing in India and shipping to an overseas location, thereby reducing the manufacturing cost.