Special Purpose Machine-Compression Testing Machine
The customer wanted to automate the rubber testing process, which involves applying a compression force of 1.5 tons.
- Low Productivity and Human Errors
- Low Efficiency: Manual loading (& other procedures) of rubber
- Non-availability of skilled manpower
- Lack of safety
- Rubber Testing Process ASTM D395-03 (2008) calls for a test involving compressing rubber samples up to 25% thickness and holding them in that state for the entire test.
- ARi designed and developed a machine that automates this process by exerting up to 1.5 tons of compressive force using a pneumatic cylinder and another set of cylinders to lock it in that position for rest of the testing procedure. The same setup can be reloaded to unlock the sample.
ARi’s Value Proposition
- 100% accurate testing vs. manual testing.
- Consistency in holding to a 25% thickness over manual control.
- Automation saves 80-100% of costs over manual or labour work.
- Improved quality, accuracy, and repeatability.
- Improved safety, consistency, and productivity.
- Minimized operating costs.