Line Automation Solution-Drum Welding Line Automation
Automation of the Drum Finishing Line to increase productivity and operator safety.
- Low productivity due to the handling of drums
- Non-availability of skilled manpower
- Lack of safety
- Large space utilization
- Extended usage of overhead cranes
- ARi created a complete line (a hydraulic-based skid system capable of supporting various drum sizes).
- A capacity of 17 drums per day.
- A Skid Conveyor enables concrete mixing drums of various capacities to move between stations (eg. station one to station four).
- Multiple operations are carried out at these stations, like V-grooving, grinding, 7 circumferential welds, and finishing operations.
- Each designed station is now capable of rotating drums weighing up to 3 tons and supporting two locations.
ARi’s Value Proposition
- The automated line can handle more than 10 variants, each with a 3-ton weight.
- Handle multiple operations for four drums at same time on the line.
- There is no waiting time.
- Automation saves 80-100% of the cost of manual/labor work.
- Reduced dependency on overhead cranes.
- Improved quality, accuracy, and repeatability.
- Improved safety and productivity.