A large heavy manufacturing OEM approached ARi to perform FEA simulation such as Modal Analysis (Eigen Values, Eigen modes and Resonance Frequency) and validate strength (Structural Integrity) in the Dyno base structure.
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) simulation
A large heavy manufacturing OEM approached ARi to perform FEA simulation such as Modal Analysis (Eigen Values, Eigen modes and Resonance Frequency) and validate strength (Structural Integrity) in the Dyno base structure. ARi’s skilled & energetic analytical and CAE teams, we performed the analysis, basic preposition, and performed Torque analysis. Throughout the entire project, ARi has maintained high quality of standards within a short period of time.
Due to some existing issues with the system, some plates in the base frame had become bended and twisted.
- Analyzed the existing system for frequencies up to 200 Hz
- Observed critical modes which are interfering with resonance frequencies in the following modes:
- Vertical bending mode
- Twisting mode
- Provided 3 different concepts to update the model to withstand the resonance frequencies.
- Updated the strength of the beams in Concept 1 & 2, by changing the design of the beams and materials of the structure.
- Added beam/plate reinforcements under dyno and rear engine area based on concept 1 and concept 2 results.
ARi’s Value Proposition
- Reduced the cost up to 5% in the overall cost of the system, which has helped customer to implement the same in relevant Models.
- Reduce the BOM size of the system and communized the parts, which indirectly helped customer in inventory.
- Provided better design in such a way to withstand the loads.
- Improved stiffness of the structure and durability.
- Understand the physical concern and sorted out the issue in the right manner.